Sunday 2 August 2009

Another double header friday...


Well again for a friday it was an early start in london. I was working for lock n load events for a free gig to promote the festival they are holding on clapham common in late august (one which i covered last year and it was wicked fun!). Sadly my journey to london wasnt much fun as police had shut a few roads for problems etc.. so I was touch and go to making it on time if at all I thought at one point.

The showpiece of the event was new songstress MPHO singing for all the atendies and the gio-goi bus which came down from up north as part of the advertising campaign.

Once this was done had a few hours to kill so kicked back and enjoyed some grilled chicken and did the processing from this event and recharged everything up just so I was ready again for later on that night with the usual gallery stuff.

This friday was a big one with well over 2,000 tickets being sold in advance, as it was the offical after party for Tiestos gig in london that evening, so lots of party kids in for the wicked line up, featuring rank1, Giuseppe Ottiviani, John OO flemming and Simon Patterson with DAT soundsystem playing in the bar. It really was a cracking night, I just couldnt put the camera down! well I tell a lie i did for a while, but that was to pick up a video camera when Tim Davidson from DAT soundsystem asked if I minded doing some filming for him whilst he was on. Obviously I jumped at the opportunity as something thats equally as fun as photography and I hope to get my teeth into one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment